Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Cable #150, New Comic Content Wednesdays



Written by: Ed Brisson
Artist: Jon Malin
Publisher: Marvel Comics, December 2017


Back in the 90s he was in a very famous TV show, His name is Nathan Summers, don't act like you don't know.  Apparently Cable is back, this is most likely tied to his upcoming appearance in a theater near you, but don't look a gift Horsman in the mouth, right.  This is listed as #150 but they are picking up the numbering in a creative way.  I believe this series starts at #147.


The lenticular cover almost made me leave it on the shelf.  Thanks to #movetheneedle and youtuber Diversity in Comics to get me to look past the cover on this one.  The art on the cover is fine, it is the lenticularness that messes it up.  It doesn't quite work right with the shifting images. 


You don't have to worry about any previous issues with this comic, you can jump into the story right here if you want.  The story is simple: Cable is exploring a temporal anomaly.  Yep, he is a time cop.  It is well written and easy to follow.  If you don't know about cable, there are a couple of pages at the end that breaks down who he is. 


The artwork is great. This feels like one of those late 80's early 90's books with stylized art. I mean, Shatterstar looks like he could be torn directly from the pages of a Jim Lee book.  I like how Cable's eyes are kept in shadow it does a lot to darken the bright comic panels and set the tone for the book.  I also love the work on Selene.  You immediately know that she is evil, but you really wouldn't mind being seduced by her.  She might be a vampire of sorts, but you would totally take the chance.  Come on Cable, take the chance. 


Overall it was a good book.  It flowed well, was not bogged down anywhere and looked great.  If you enjoy the character of Cable or are just interested in the upcoming Deadpool movie, give it a shot and let me know what you think.  If you have any recommendations for other titles, let me know in the comments.  #movetheneedle

5 comments:

Craig Martin said...

This is something very nice and worth reading.
Custom cosmetic packaging boxes

Zonahobisaya said...

Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Tertua
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : lambang
Място на уеб янг багус : Zonahobisaya
Място на уеб янг багус : Sinopsis Film
Място на уеб янг багус : One Piece

stone decor said...


عيوب الحجر الهاشمى
واجهات منازل حجر هاشمى
انواع حجر الواجهات فى مصر
اسعار تركيب الحجر الهاشمي فى مصر
اسعار الحجر الفرعونى
اسعار حجر الهاشمة فى مصر
حجر هاشمي
اسعار حجر هاشمي
ديكورات منازل خارجية
ديكورات حجر هاشمي
واجهات حجر هاشمى

polytron said...

Digital TV

Dylan Brandon said...

Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Itua herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Itua sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Itua who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Itua because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HPV . I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Itua through his email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) You can also order from his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received