Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Free Comic Day-Wendsday New Comic Content

Saturday was Free Comic Book day.  For me, it was a dreary, rainy day.  I live near a place called Newbury Comics, actually several such places.  So my first stop was in one of these locations.  These stores apparently started as comic stores before coming record stores and then becoming novelty stores.  Their comic selection is very small and the clerks are kind of hipsters that look down on people that buy comics.  That might be why the store had available exactly one free comic book day title, An Archie title called Pep Comics.  They also had $1 grab bags.  I feel dirty as I purchased a couple of grab bags for my girls and got my issue of Pep Comics.  Not satisfied, I maid the trek to, while not the nearest, the easiest to get to comic shop.  Bedrock Comics in Framingham, MA is an awesome little shop.  No bells or whistles, just lots of comics.  He actually bags miniseries or storylines together and you can buy the whole run at once.  Needless to say, he had a full run of Free Comics and had some other give aways as well.  I picked up the pixie miniseries for $4 and got my oldest a copy of supergirl and he let my girls pick out a few free issues.  They even got stickers.   

These are our free issues.

Purchased comics, that is pixie 1-4 at the bottom

She read every free comic we got that night. 

She actually really enjoyed the Pep Comic, think we may have a betty and Veronica fan in the making. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting post.

Unknown said...

interesting post.